Thank you for choosing to see Dr Goolam to help manage your urologic condition. To facilitate your consultation and optimise your care please take note of the following:
- Medicare, pension, DVA card and Health fund details: If you are entitled to receiving benefits from Medicare, DVA or your fund, please bring along your membership cards containing your details.
- GP referral: Please ensure you bring your letter of referral on the day of your appointment.
This provides valuable information in helping understand your urologic condition and how any other medical problems may be impacting on managing your care.
- Blood and pathology results: Please obtain a copy of your blood tests and other pathology results from your referring doctor and bring it along to your appointment
- Biopsy results: Please bring along any results of biopsies or past urological surgeries as this may impact on your management
- X-rays, CT scans, Ultrasounds and MRI images: The images obtained from these scans are critically important particularly when planning surgery. Please bring along your previous images and/or films as well as the report for these scans. If you have been provided with a CD containing your images, please bring these along.
- Correspondence from previous specialists: If you have seen other specialists and have a condition which is currently being treated, please bring any correspondence along with you. This includes any operation reports or specialist letters you have access to.
- List of questions: If you have had the opportunity to gather some information around your urologic condition and have questions, please bring them along to discuss them with Dr Goolam.
- Form of payment: Please note that there is a fee when attending a consultation which will need to be settled on the day of your appointment. Kindly consider this when attending.
If you require an urgent appointment, please notify our staff at the time of making your appointment and identify the nature of your condition. If you require any further information, please contact the office to discuss your query.